The program for the day was:
- 2012/2013 schools to provide a 20min overview of their schools planning or journey to date,
- Summary of Brisbane Study tour
- IT Support including Caspar
- Pedadogy - guided discussion
- Policies and procedures required
- Resources available
- PD strategies to support schools
The shared discussion and links were collated in a Google Doc by Ron Van Vliet, available to staff who attended on the day. Access to other staff is available on request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Overall summary of the day
A collection of the Twitter Feeds by topic is collated in the following slideshare.
Our IT area has an 'iPad deployment for CEDP schools' available on OSCAR for our school which provides extensive support information around implementation of iPads in our schools.
Ron led a discusssion on the TPACK and SAMR models.
TPACK Radio/Video Show ISTE 2010 from Punya Mishra on Vimeo.
Lisa shared some resources to help integrate the use of iPads in your lessons.
Create your own Playlist on MentorMob!
Policies and Procedures
We talked about the poliicies and procedures you should develop and consider:
- Acceptable Use policy (CEDP have a new policy "Responsible Use of ICT and Social Media" available from OSCAR.)
- Copyright - iTunesU - with schools able to develop their own iTunes courses schools need to be careful that material they develop to load to iTunesU complies with copyright. See University of Melbourne information on iTunesU and copyright.
- Copyright - iBooks - with teachers and students starting to develop their own iBooks, our educational copyright licences will not apply to content in iBooks created and shared on sites that are not password protected, for eg iTunes or iBooks store.
- OHAS - make students and teachers aware of good ergonomics, awkward postures and safety when using iPads. See our CEDP OSCAR page 'iPad safety" on this topic
Resources for Schools
Useful Websites, iBooks, Twitter feeds etc for schools
Ongoing PD and other support
Learning Exchange is looking at a variety of ways to provide ongoing PD support. Also Phil Stewart from St Columbas created an Edmodo group called CEDP iPads in Schools to share information among Catholic Education diocese of Parramatta schools. To join please request the group code via email to email@example.com.